News» Things to know about the Disposable Helium Gas Cylinders
Things to know about the Disposable Helium Gas Cylinders
Helium gas is a colourless, odourless and tasteless inert gas which is lighter than air. It is non flammable & non toxic and can be safely used either indoors or outdoors. If you are planning to buy disposable Helium cylinder for use at a party, here are a few things for your information.
• Helium should not be deliberately inhaled. Although not poisonous inhaling in excess can be fatal. Helium like any other gas can be hazardous if inhaled and hence should be used in a well ventilated space.
• Helium is the second most common element in the Universe making up around 24% of its mass.
• Helium became available on the open market for the first time in the year 1928.
• At close to zero temperature helium condenses to a liquid with amazing properties.
• Helium bought in cylinders is produced by the natural decay of radioactive elements in the earth’s crust mainly thorium and uranium.
• Helium cylinder valves should be opened only after fitting an inflator.
• Damaged equipment should not be used.
• Cylinders should be stored in well ventilated areas, away from direct heat.
• While inflating the balloons the balloons and inflator should be held away from you.
• The steel helium tanks are fully recyclable.
• Disposable helium cylinders cannot be refilled with any material.
• Balloons filled with helium are a safe way to bring fun to any party or event. However the cylinders should be kept out of reach of children.
• Balloons filled with helium float for around 8 to 12 hours. However this float time can vary significantly based on the level of inflation
See our website for full range of gas bottles and products