News» Our Top Tips to Get Ahead for Winter #getaheadforwinter
Our Top 10 Tips to Get Ahead for Winter #getaheadforwinter
1. Give your boiler an overhaul – make sure your boiler and any other gas appliances are serviced every year by a Gas Safe registered engineer. This ensures that they run at their most efficient.
2. Consider replacing your boiler – if your boiler is 15 years old or more it could be time to replace it. Make sure you choose an energy efficient condensing boiler which could cut your heating bills significantly and achieve running efficiencies of 90%.
3. Insulate – loft insulation is a straightforward job which will dramatically cut the heat loss from your home. Also insulate your hot water tank by fitting it with a thick jacket – the thicker the better - this can reduce heat loss by up to 75 per cent.
4. Draft-proof your home – draughty external doors are responsible for 15% of heat loss in the home. Draft-proofing is a cheap and easy way to prevent heat loss. Hanging thick curtains over the door will also help to trap heat inside. Close all the curtains as soon as it gets dark to prevent heat escaping through windows.
5. Use a programmer – use a programmer to set when the heating and hot water come on and go off based around your routine. By heating your home and hot water only when necessary, you'll save energy and money.
6. Lower your thermostat - lowering your thermostat setting by just 1°C could save you money. However ensure that a minimum temperature is maintained of 21 degrees in living rooms and 18 degrees in bedrooms.
7. Bleed your radiators - bleed your radiators to release any air that is trapped in them. This will improve your heating efficiency instantly as hot water can flow into every part of the radiator, so it does a better job of warming your room.
8. Check your pipes – check all pipework to ensure that there are no leaks, fix any drips and lag pipes to avoid bursts.
9. Check your LPG levels – if you order LPG yourself please look at the tank level now and consider ordering from your supplier as soon as possible. Going into winter with a full tank may be more cost effective, will provide peace of mind and it means that when it turns cold you needn’t worry about your energy supply.
10. Check if you are on an automatic top up system with your LPG supplier - you may already be on an automatic top up system whereby your LPG supplier will take account of your needs and top up your tank when you need it - but if you aren’t on this system, you may want to check if this service is available to you.
We here at LPG Gas Bottles supply LPG gas in gas cylinders of sizes 47 Kg Propane Gas Cylinders, 19 Kg Propane Gas Cylinders, 18 Kg Gas Cylinders, 11 Kg Propane Gas Cylinders and 13 Kg Butane Gas Cylinders.
We can also supply and install Bulk LPG to domestic homes, industrial businesses, auto-gas sites and metered estates. Our services is a prompt, no nonsense service with competitive prices and a real person at the end of the phone for that personal touch.
A prompt, no nonsense service with competitive prices.
A real person at the end of the phone for that personal touch.
Flexible payment methods.
Regular deliveries. - See more at: http://www.lpggasbottles.co.uk/lpg-bulk/#sthash.9W3MPORL.dpuf