News» Precautionary Measures For Gas Cylinder Transportation
Precautionary Measures For Gas Cylinder Transportation
If you transport gas cylinders there are a few precautionary measures that you should abide by in order to ensure that you are not exposed to unnecessary hazards while in transit.
• Whenever possible, arrange for delivery by the supplying company - since this is the safest option. They will take care of loading, restraining, transporting as well as offloading the cylinders.
• When transporting smaller cylinders inside a vehicle, you need to make sure that the vehicle is well ventilated in order to minimise the risk of fire or explosion.
• A utility vehicle is a good option if available, as it provides good ventilation minimising the risk of gas accumulation inside.
• If transporting in a trade vehicle, make sure that the cylinder is in a sealed compartment with adequate ventilation.
• Always transport the cylinders restrained properly in an upright position for maximum stability.
• Avoid closing the cylinder valve and disconnecting regulators just prior to transport, should there be a fault.
• Check for leaks before traveling. For longer distances checking that everything is in order once in a while is also advisable.
• Do not leave the cylinders in the vehicle upon arrival.
• Always check for labels to make sure that these aren’t tampered with.
• The vehicle size must suit the size and type of cylinder and must conform to the requirements of the transport if applicable.
At Four Seasons Fuels, we supply and deliver gas cylinders and bottles, and provide LPG gas equipment that will help you with safe handling. Browse through to have a look.